VASY has grown from the broad and vibrant arts community that exists in Yass and the surrounding region.
VASY’s aim is to build on the Yass district’s passion for the visual arts by creating opportunities for all ages and levels of experience in painting, drawing and allied visual art processes.
VASY focuses on a range of activities that include:
- the development of a network that encourages individuals in their art practice, development, and appreciation of art;
- regular workshops;
- demonstrations of art techniques and/or informative discussions on visual art related subjects; and
- establishing partnerships with artists as well as other arts and cultural organisations including government agencies across the region and beyond.
VASY is a member driven incorporated not for profit organisation. Day to day activities are coordinated by a voluntary committee currently comprising local artists and enthusiasts Colin Nelson, Judy McColl, Warwick Sainsbery, Barbara Sainsbery, Angela Regan, Ann Hand and Mel Ekman.
VASY is also a member of the well respected Southern Tablelands Arts (STARTS) organisation.
How can I find out more about VASY and get involved?
- A good starting point is to browse through the website; and
- Register your interest in VASY activities and membership by sending an email to Judy McColl or Col Nelson via VASY’s Contact page.
Col Nelson (Chair)
Judy McColl (Secretary)
Warwick Sainsbery (Treasurer)
Annemarie Doyle (Committee Member)
Alex Webb (Committee Member)
Barbara Sainsbery (Committee Member)
Marie Wearing (Committee Member)